Sunday 22 December 2013

DIY body scrubs

I picked up 2 of these solid wood chairs from craigslist for $15 a piece. I can see the potential maybe painted black or a dark cherry stain, with new upholstered seats.
But while I think about the future of my new chairs. I decided to make body scrubs and body butter.
 
Body Scrubs
3 cups Epsom salt
1 cup coconut oil
peppermint extract
the zest of 1 lime/ zest of 1 orange
 


3 cups Epsom salt and 1 cup coconut oil mixed until  all the salt was saturated.
This made three batches then I added the zest of 1 lime to a container the zest of an orange to another and left the 3rd with the peppermint. The coconut is the over powering scent here but my body thrives on coconut oil.

 
Batch 2 Body Scrub
2 cups Brown Sugar
1 Cup granulated sugar
1 cup olive oil
eucalyptus essential oil
vanilla essence
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment